SPARE A THOUGHT.....

At the end of winning a rat race, we are still a rat.

November 10, 2005

subtle abuses....

a family i know has been contemplating a shift abroad for better prospects...or should i say, the man in the family has been.....
his wife is also employed....
but then it has been taken for granted that she will be interested in the shift too....her resistances are ignored...there is a distinct lack of sensitivity in the addressal of the situation...
a child wants to take up "arts" in college..his mom is insistent that it should be "science"....
the child's pleas are of no avail....
a husband plans a surprise family outing.....the wife "sulks"....habitually....
my mom asks me where I am going as I leave the house...as a routine response, i resent her asking me....feel she is intrusive...bark at her saying that I am carrying my handphone should she feel the need to get in touch....
everyday violences we inflict on each other?sensitivity is sometimes conspicuous by its absence in shared spaces....
we find it much easier to behave nicely to total strangers....

No comments: