SPARE A THOUGHT.....

At the end of winning a rat race, we are still a rat.

May 22, 2008

excellence....

Genius and excellence make their presence felt everywhere..Howsoever silent they may remain, they force their expression and they speak in a million ways.
Personally, I see Grace and Presence ( we may call it different things) playing a critical role in the expression of raw genius .
If we randomly observe great creativity in any sphere, arts, maths, science, business etc; key sparks and breakthroughs have resulted when man has been in touch with himself - intense pain, joy, inner world callings - all resulting a deep sense of connectedness to the universe.


Angelica Schiffer, a musician describes her process thus:I relax my body and mind and empty out. Then, I simply reach out to ..... I don't know where.Maybe the Universe? when I am in receiving mode , all the usual parts of me that are in charge of day-to-day life get out of the way.In a way, it is a prayer, but with an answer.It is a conversation with the universe.I sit with the instruments quietly, and then something comes and I hear it in my head.I sing it as I hear it.Often, it is a completely finished melody.My next step is to learn it. I have to record it because I do not know it by heart already. Often, I can just record the final version then and there into my digital hard drive, which is like a little sound studio in a box.Often, I don't need to edit it at all as with my song, "Kyrei Elison", for example, I did not do anything. I closed myself and attuned myself with love.I just sang and it came out. I never made any changes or edits.
unquote
People are always born with specific gifts. To really excel in anything- be it art, science, engineering, math, anything at all- if there is excellence, God is there.The more you can open yourself to the presence and the more you allow the presence to flow through you, the greater it will be.for gifts within people to really flower, for a person to really fulfil his/her destiny, for real joy and love to be experienced, a person must come in touch with Grace and establish a connection with the presence.very consciously , this can be made to happen.

Nahuel, the two-times Grammy award winner calls it "wings of grace". suddenly , he feels grace coming.when grace is coming, he goes into music.He goes on playing and records it, because he does not know if he can get it again.so, there is a moment for him to record it.He'll be waiting, and it comes. If he can compose then that's an excellent piece.

Srinivasa Ramanaujam, the legendary mathematician used to speak about his relationship with his village deity. When her presence filled him up, genius solutions flowed through him.Even today, traditional mathematics have no clue as to how he arrived at various solutions and in such small steps.
Creativity is a fascinating expression of the Divine Intelligence...and we need to tune in...then things just flow........
- some excerpted from "Awakening into Oneness" by Arjuna Ardagh

No comments: