SPARE A THOUGHT.....

At the end of winning a rat race, we are still a rat.

September 24, 2006

neurosis..

Little Mary was on the beach with her mom.

"mummy, may I play in the sand?"

"No, Darling. You'll only soil your clean clothes."

"May I wade in the water?"

"No, you'll get wet and catch a cold."

"May I play with the other children?"

"No, you'll get lost in the crowd."

"Mummy, buy me an icecream."

"No, it's bad for your throat."

Little Mary began to cry.

Mother turned around to a woman who was standing nearby and said, "For heaven's sake! Have you ever seen such a neurotic child?"

2 comments:

Kavita said...

accurate observation...and it probably came to mum from nani ;). i see this oft repeated pattern in my work with families when we look at patterns across generations.

Sundar said...

yep sigmund, repetitive patterns...