SPARE A THOUGHT.....

At the end of winning a rat race, we are still a rat.

September 05, 2006

father of natural farming...

Yesterday's article in the TOI about Bhaskar Save receiving a honour for his waste and dryland development efforts gladdened me no end.

Amongst the people who have made a significant impact in my life, Fukuoka and Bhaskar Save stand out. Fukuoka's book , One Straw Revolution and my subsequent meet with him re-oriented my perceptions tremendously.Bhaskar Save, I have been privileged to meet up more often during various interfaces inclusive of visits to his farm near Mumbai.The natural and intuitive intelligence of the man amazes me each time.

To me, he represents a key development space alternative with large scale impacts in areas of mass healthy chemical free food production at very low cost and environmental sustenance deliverables at amazing levels( i have seen or heard of no other strategy where water table increases so abundantly and so rapidly).A gateway to a dignified lifestyle for the teeming millions of our country who struggle with poverty and malnutrition issues.

Would such developmental initiatives see the light of day? I am definitely hopeful...

No comments: