SPARE A THOUGHT.....

At the end of winning a rat race, we are still a rat.

February 27, 2008

aggression and assertion

Aggression is increasingly gaining ground and wider acceptance as a quality necessary for success. The tour down-under is all about it.
Just made me do a review for myself......
to me, it does bring in a certain animal instinct to the fore. I personally prefer assertion over aggression. Assertion is not arrogant, yet it is dignified and strong in it's presentation. it remaisn stoic and solid as an independent aspect , not provoked by external situations. It does not seek to demean, it does not allow being de-meaned.It makes it's point clearly without any ugliness to the expression.
Aggression is reactive, assertion is pro-active and responsive.
Aggression leads to sudden spurts and drops in energy , assertion leads to a sustenance of creative energies within us.
A river in silent flow from great depths is assertive not aggressive. To me, it is also meditative - an expression in the depths of silence.
Assertion is born in a confidence, a position of strength; aggression more often than not springs from deep insecurities within.
Yes, i like to assert myself; aggression is not my personal style.

No comments: